Wednesday 27 July 2011

procrastination // motivation

A Handy Tip for the Easily Distracted.

Miranda July: The Future on Nowness.com.

a cut scene from Miranda July's new film The Future to be released in the UK in November.

After six or so weeks of being completely unsure of what to do for my summer project, I think I finally have two of my three ideas figured out. I won't post about it them just yet- I don't want to jinx it after so much agonizing- but I think it could be really interesting. I love this little scene that was cut from July's new film The Future. In the interview (also over at Nowness) July says of it: "This scene was meant to make it clear that Sophie was struggling against distraction, after losing time on YouTube—we all know how alluring these distractions are, and here we are seeing her attempting to take charge". Before I had my ideas figured out, I found little distractions everywhere: the house needed cleaning (I scrubbed for 7 hours one day), rearranging my bookshelves, CV writing & job hunting (#epicfail), house guests and vets trips and of course, the internet and it's seemingly infinite grip. But now that I am really excited about the possibilities of my project, the small things aren't so distracting anymore.

0 comments:

Post a Comment